Advantages and disadvantage of Quartz worktops
Quartz is composite material, man made, which has the durability of natural stone. One of the best things about quartz is that it’s scratch-proof and can easily withstand chipping, which makes it low-maintenance.
Quartz has a consistent stone quality, which gives your worktop a more finished look and feel. Also, buying a quartz worktop helps in contributing to the green revolution since it contains waste materials.
Advantages of Quartz Worktops:
– They can be customised according to your preference due to the wide range of colours and textures available.
– They’re non-porous and therefore don’t require sealing, which makes them highly stain resistant.
– They contain 93 percent natural quartz stone and 7 percent resin bender, which makes them strong and resilient.
Disadvantages of Quartz Worktops:
Quartz has no real disadvantages but we still need to mention:
– They’re expensive compared to their other counterparts.
– They don’t have a very natural look but a more contemporary one.
Maintenance: Use simple soap and water to wipe clean.